Friday night Allison, Lloyd, Paul and I went to Quartz Mountain for a picnic. The weather was beautiful!
Quartz Mountain is about 20 minutes away near Lake Altus and the terrain is quite different. I guess they call them mountains here, but they're really more like really large hills. There is a resort and conference center there, but we just went far enough to access some nice picnic tables near a cute little campground. Allison was our "Martha Stewart" for the night and decorated the table with a fun red and white tablecloth, candles, and fresh flowers to make the picnic pretty. She also brought some potato salad and drinks. I made deviled eggs and chess cake (a.k.a. gooey butter cake).
Paul and Lloyd grilled delicious steaks...after almost blowing the place up with lighter fluid. During our dinner we saw about 6 deer no more than 50 yards away. Unfortunately, some kids scared them away.By the way, I haven't really introduced Allison and Lloyd, who I have been referring to for the past month or so. Sorry about that. Paul and Lloyd went to college together and were roommates for a short time in Valdosta, GA.
They also both went to pilot training at Columbus AFB in MS. Paul was with Lloyd when he met Allison and served as the best man in their wedding. They went back to Valdosta where Lloyd was an instructor pilot for the T-6. Miraculously, Lloyd and Paul both got assigned C-17s in Charleston, so we'll get to be with them the next 3-4 years! We are also building houses right down the street from one another, so that's convenient. Right now we all here at Altus for the guys' training. Here is a cute picture of Lloyd and Allison.
1 comment:
Heather and Paul,
You two have been very busy! I am so glad you have had some time to be together and do these things. Your pictures are great and I love your narrative, Heath. Allison and Lloyd are cute and sound like such nice people and friends. So glad they are there with you and will be in SC also.
Love, Mom xoxo
Post a Comment