Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rain

This morning in my Bible study group, we watched a short video entitled "Rain." Then we divided into our small groups and discussed the storms of our life, the trials we face, and the foundation we need to have to get through the difficult times when things don't make sense. This may be a little more personal than what I usually share on my blog, but I got a little emotional discussing the major storm in my life right now. As most of you know, my dad is not doing very well. He still has a blood clot in his leg, severe acne on his face, chest, and back from one of the chemo drugs, and he just had surgery on Monday to relieve some hemorrhoid discomfort. He seems to be going downhill rapidly and gets weaker every day. We were informed about 2 weeks ago that his last MRI showed a 25% increase in the size of his brain tumors since February. And there is only one more chemo drug to try. I don't think any of us realized that we're nearing the end of the treatment road so quickly. I feel the only thing left to do is pray for a miracle. Please, please pray for my father...I beg you. He really needs a miracle. I know the Lord is in control of all things, and He will carry my family through this storm, but it gets tough.

When the waters rise, it sure does help to have a foundation built on Christ Jesus. Jesus told a parable about 2 guys in Matthew 7:24-27...one built his house on rock and the other built his house on sand. When the rain came down, the streams rose, and the wind blew, only one house was left standing. It's a fact that we are going to go through trials in our lives. Like the video this morning said, "When the rains come, it's not like they might...they do. It rains in our lives...alot." But remember that God is ready to carry us through those hard times. Deuteronomy 1:31 says "There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son..."

The Bible also says "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." What an assurance that is! That verse gives me great comfort. God has it all figured out, even when we don't. He loves us dearly and desires a relationship with us. Whatever you are going through right now, rest assured that God is in control. Cling to Him and let Him carry you through. Don't try to get through the storms of life on your own.

If you would like to see the "Rain" video I watched today, it's online. Click here and then click on "Play 001 Rain Film" in the blue box. It's only 11 minutes long and it's really good!

2 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

1. I am praying for your dad and will continue to ask God to heal him. I will also pray for strength for you and your family to live with God's will, whatever it may be.

2. Your faith is strong, Heathie, and such an encouragement to me. I praise God for the work He has done in your life.

3. I love the NOOMA videos. I've seen 6-7 of them...all are so awesome.

Take care, friend! I'm here if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Heath - I love you so much and I can't imagine coping with all the pain you are going through right now. God has a plan for all of us and I know that you have faith in Him and his will. The 'rains' will come for each one of us and hopefully you will get to see a 'rainbow' after the storm has passed. I am praying for your father and for you and your mom. I'm always here for you no matter what! Love you, Heath