Tuesday, January 29, 2008

New Purse and Girls Night Out

On Saturday morning, I went to a purse making class that my neighbor taught at People, Places and Quilts. I love that place! In the span of 4 hours, we made a cute reversible bag! The pattern is the Amy Butler Swing Bag. Actually, none of us finished it in the 4 hours. I took it home and finished it later. I'm really happy how it turned out and have been using it when I go out. Yesterday I got my first random compliment on it in the bathroom at Publix. I was washing my hands and the lady next to me said "cute purse!" I said "thanks." After a brief hesitation I added "I made it at a purse making class at PP&Q." She was impressed. I don't sew a lot, but am now hooked on it and can't stop.

Saturday night, several of the military wives in the squadron went out to dinner. We went to Smokey Bones and had a nice time chatting and getting to know one another better. There are some really great ladies in the squadron, and I'm glad to be a part of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Purse is adorable. You ladies all look so young and cute! Mom