Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby Shower

Bear with me, my next few post are going to be about things that happened in the past few months....

Some wonderful ladies hosted a lovely baby shower for me on March 7. There were about 30 people who came and showered me with gifts for our baby boy. Thank you so much! I had a great time and the food was delicious. One of the highlights was Jessica reading a list of "Things Heather may have said on the night baby Dorrance was conceived." It was really funny. She was sneaky and wrote down things I said as I opened my gifts, then read them aloud. Here are some examples:
"Um, I have never seen one of these - that's awesome. I didn't even know these existed!"
"Oh, those are so cute!"
"O, wow - it's got boning in it!"
"I've been looking at tutorials on how to do this!"
"It's so soft."
"Aw, it's got a little hat!"
"O, you've been working on that for a while."
"I'll have to thank your mama for that!"
"Oh, there's more - we're ready for bath time now!"
"This is nice cause you can fold it up and put it away - some of them are too big."
"It's got lots of attachable toys and stuff to play with."

We were all cracking up laughing! Thank you again, ladies, for such a nice shower!

No comments: