Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Kazmiers visit

We were thrilled to have a visit from our good friends the Kazmiers in late January. Even though both our little ones were sick, we were still able to go out and do some fun stuff. We took them to the Alamo and River Walk one day, and then did the Natural Bridge Caverns and drove through a safari at the Wildlife Ranch another day. We also took the kids to a nearby park and Caleb got to swing on a real swing for the first time! Allie was so cute with Caleb and even nicknamed him "Bub-bub." Our time with Joe, Andrea and Allie went by way too fast, as usual, but it was so much fun to catch up with them. Sadly, everyone ended up sick by the time they left (except me). I got sick the following week and have been battling it on and off since then. Andrea put together a nice slideshow that she posted on her blog. She said I could post it on mine too (thanks Andrea!). I will also add a few of my favorite pics that Paul and I took.

The Bookworms - I drove the babysitter home, and when I came back, I found the three of them reading (and talking) together before bed.
This one is in the slideshow too, but I just think it's so funny with the random guy in the background smiling for the picture! It almost looks like Andrea is bending down so he can be in it!
I don't think we were supposed to feed the animals from our hand, but we did anyway. They were so tame.
Swinging for the first time
Sliding for the first time
Bub-bub and Allie

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun! Would you recommend both of those attractions? We've looked at them but never taken the plunge.

Heather said...

Stephanie,
Yes, I would recommend both of them. Although I enjoyed the caverns much more than the ranch. The cavern tour is about an hour and 15 min and it's very impressive. The animals were okay...the kids may enjoy this more.