Well, today I sent off some packages to our family in New York. Paul and I are spending Christmas with my parents in Atlanta, so we decided to ship some gifts to the rest of our family we will not see this year. I can't believe it's Christmas time already! I'm a little sad that we won't get to put up a tree or get our decorations out this year...all our holiday stuff is in Charleston, in storage. And we won't get to see it until after Christmas is over. Since we've been delayed here in Altus, we had to move the closing on our house back from Dec. 15 to Dec. 27. The movers will deliver our stuff on the 29th. I suppose it will be fun unloading all our boxes and seeing everything that we've missed the past 4 months! Surprises in every box!Paul and I love to listen to Christmas music, but again, all our Christmas CDs are in storage. We didn't plan on being here this long, so we didn't pack any seasonal stuff.
However, I recently purchased the new Third Day Christmas Offerings CD, which is wonderful! I highly recommend it! You can check it out here. You can even listen to samples of all the songs if you click on the link that says "Launch Christmas Minisite." My favorite one is a song called "Born in Bethlehem." I play it over and over singing at the top of my lungs (when no one is around). There is a good mix of traditional and new songs on the CD. I have also been on the AccuHolidays website quite a bit. It's like a radio station. They have a ton of holiday music you can listen to. Anyway, these things are helping me get through missing my Christmas CDs.I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this wonderful time of year! Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season! Celebrate the Holy Child's birth rather than getting caught up in gifts, Santa Claus, and snowmen. Those things are all good, but they are not why this holiday exists. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment