Thursday, January 11, 2007

First post of 2007

I have heard too many complaints recently that I haven't updated my blog, so here it is!

Paul and I left Altus Dec. 19 and took 3 days to get Atlanta. On the way, we stopped in Birmingham, AL to see my cousin Stacey. She was a wonderful hostess, and we had a very nice time catching up with her and finally meeting her boyfriend. Christmas with my parents was great! We, of course, didn't see any snow...but we ate like kings and queens! My parents always spoil us with filet mignon and lobster when we come to town (I'm not complaining). We did miss being with the rest of our families, but we sure were thinking about everyone. Here is a picture of Beau opening his Christmas gift from my mom. I think he liked it :-)

We closed on our house on Dec. 27 and we have been unpacking and getting settled in since then. Paul has been enjoying "man work" like installing fans, a garage door opener, and blinds. I've been busy finding places for everything, shopping for new stuff, and cleaning. I had to buy special hardwood floor cleaner and stove top cleaner online. Paul called me a "geek" today when they arrived because I got so excited. I will post some pictures of the new house in my next post. Happy New Year everyone (even though it's a little late)!

No comments: