Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pics of our NY trip

Here are some pictures we took on our trip to New York to visit Paul's family.

The trip started out in Scio, where Paul grew up. We had a lot of fun riding tractors, hiking on the family property, shooting guns (I'm turning into a true country redneck!), taking Grandma to the 4th of July parade in Andover, going to see the fireworks and eating fried dough, getting together with family friends, and relaxing with Mom and her boyfriend. Ryan (Paul's brother) was there the first 2 days.

On our way to visit Dad, we stopped to see our good friends the Cooks in Spencerport. I met their adorable 2-year-old son, Jesse, for the first time. What a cutie! They cooked us a fabulous lunch, and we had a good time catching up.

The last 2 days or so were spent with Dad and his girlfriend at their beautiful log cabin in Hamilton. It's amazing what they've done in just a year! We looked at pictures of the building process, and it was quite remarkable. I still don't understand how they hoisted those huge logs up without a crane! They have a nice garden in the back, like Paul and I want to have soon, with lots of vegetables. Paul made some frames for the horseshoe pits and we played a few rounds. Unfortunately Dad got sick with a 24-hour bug while we were there, but the rest of us just enjoyed hanging out and relaxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather - Loved the photos of your trip; gosh, it's beautiful up there! Just want you to know how much fun I've had hanging out with you lately; you're awesome!