Thursday, August 30, 2007

Women of Faith Conference


On August 9, Allison, her mom, and I drove down to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my mom and attend the Women of Faith conference (Aug. 10-11). Let me just tell you that it was awesome! Allison and I went to the Beth Moore pre-conference during the day on Friday, then our moms joined us for the main conference that night and all day Saturday. My favorite part, by far, was listening to Beth Moore - what an amazing, humble, humorous, godly, engaging, encouraging, energetic speaker she is! It was even more exciting since Allison and I were just finishing up the Beth Moore Bible study entitled "Living Beyond Yourself - Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit" which was incredible and enlightening. What was really special for me was what she spoke about. I had just said during dinner the night before that I am waiting for some good to come out of what I've been through losing my father. I said that I want to live out 2 Corinthians 1 and comfort others the way the Lord has comforted me. Well, would you know it, but Beth spoke all day about COMFORT and 2 Cor. 1:3-11!!!!! I couldn't believe how relevant it was to me! I ended up in tears at the end just because everything was touching me so deeply.
Anyway, here are some pictures from the conference.
Denise Jackson (Alan Jackson's wife)

Anita Renfroe. View her website here and her MySpace page here. Her latest comedy video "Total Momsense" was taped in January and Allison, her mom, and me and my mom are shown in the audience about 11 times!

Anita Renfroe in the middle of her comedy sketch

Allison and me

Havin' a good time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather, Thanks for the time together here and at your home. The convention was great...so glad you got tickets. Great to be with Allison and Claudia too. Love ya,
Mom xoxo