Last weekend I went to White Oak Conference Center with about 40 other women from our church. It was an awesome retreat! We did the Beth Moore "Loving Well" Retreat-in-a-box, which basically meant we watched the DVDs of a conference she gave in Memphis, TN. We also split up into groups and discussed what we were learning and how to apply it to our lives. We learned about loving different types of people in our lives: the easy to love (joy), hard to love (testy), the virtually impossible to love (foe), and those who are basically strangers to us (far). Allison, Michelle, Ali and I got two adjoining rooms, which was so much fun! We laughed, cried, and everything in between! Ahhhh, girl time! Here's the four of us (left to right: Ali, Allison, me, Michelle).
.jpg)
And the entire group:
.JPG)
The last night we had a surprise activity, which ended up being a fashion show! We were told to bring 3-10 wacky, formal, fun or crazy accessories for this event. We were split up into groups of 3 and had to come up with a theme. After watching a clip from "Project Runway," one of us had to model our design. Michelle, Allison and I all ended up as models somehow! So here are a few crazy pictures.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
In case you were wondering, my theme was "high fashion safarri." Don't you like the way we turned the furry cylindrical scarf into a mini-dress?
2 comments:
I cannot tell you how awesome of a time I had with you and the girls. I will never forget it! (The pics are hilarious!)
Cute pictures~I can tell you had a lot of fun! Mom
Post a Comment