Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Horse of Course!

Last Saturday we had a lot of fun horsebackriding in Blair, OK. I have only been on a horse a handful of times, but Paul is an old pro. His family used to have horses on their farm in New York, and he misses it immensely. The picture above shows Allison on her horse, Justice, and Paul on his horse, Blue. My horse was named Chief, and Lloyd rode Concussion. All the horses knew the trails like the back of their hand (or hoof, I suppose), so we didn't have to do much. However, my horse decided he wanted a drink of water at the end and headed over to a pond, at which point I had to take control and steer him back toward the others.This is our friend, Richard. He is the friendliest donkey I have ever met! (Not that I've met that many donkeys...) When we walked away after petting him, he would follow us and wait for more attention, or nudge us! We found out that he was a wild donkey that wandered onto the property a few years ago and has stuck around. What a sweetie! You'd have to meet him to understand the significance of his name though. I'll just say he's a real ladies man.

No comments: