Then a girl I met in my step aerobics class approached me about letting her and 3 of her friends come over to use my Stampin' Up! supplies to make cards and scrapbook pages, for a small fee. She said they are all extremely bored here in Altus and want something to do. So three days after the big workshop, I had 4 ladies come over for a card making/scrapbooking morning. What fun! Turns out some of these ladies know people we know at Scott AFB. It really is a small world in the Air Force, especially in the pilot community.
Last week about this time I was going crazy trying to get ready for my Stampin' Up! booth at the Christmas Extravaganza (at the community center here). There were over 50 vendors. It kind of fell into my lap when another demonstrator picked up my business card at Wal-Mart, called, and offered her pre-paid booth to me. She was going to do it, but decided she wasn't prepared enough for it. So she gave her booth to me! I was crazy-busy trying to make Christmas cards to sell and preparing my booth with examples to show. It went fairly well, as I sold a few packages of cards and took about 3 orders for supplies. The best part was just talking to people and getting them interested in stamping. I actually met one lady from Georgia, who was here visiting her parents for Thanksgiving. Turns out she works in Alpharetta, where my parents live. She said she'd love to get together or host a workshop sometime when I'm there visiting my parents! This Stampin' Up! business is so much fun. I enjoy what I do and love meeting new people through it. Here is the display board I used to show off some of the cards. I have made some and received some through card swaps. A few of the stamped images are no longer available, but I put them on anyway just to show what you can do with stamps.

These are the cards I made to sell at my booth. They all have cute Christmas sayings inside. The ones I have left are going to be my Christmas cards this year, so if you want your Christmas card to be a surprise, don't peek!

No comments:
Post a Comment