Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Volunteer Firefighter of the Year
My husband is one of those people who is good at just about everything. It kinda makes you sick. Since he's mine though, I'm just super proud of him for all his accomplishments. His most recent is earning the "Volunteer Firefighter of the Year" award at the annual fire department Christmas party. I didn't really know what that meant as Paul was going up to receive the trophy, so the girl sitting next to me informed me that it was a really big deal. Apparently all the guys in the department vote on who they think should get it. I get upset sometimes for the times when Paul ditches me to go to fire calls (especially when we're just sitting down for dinner), but I know it's important to him and also to the department. He really gets a kick out of crawling into burning buildings and cutting people out of vehicles. I'm glad someone enjoys that stuff...you sure wouldn't find me doing it! I joke that Paul is living every little boys dream...he flies planes by day and rides fire trucks by night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment