I didn't realize I'd get so many responses from my last post! People contacted me through email, Facebook, phone calls, and comments to let me know that no mom thinks they have it all together and to give me encouragement. Thank you all for your support! I think I was just having one of "those" days...or several of them in a row. I was tired and down on myself. I know I am a good mother, but sometimes I get very frustrated with myself. And I know that just because I can't get out the door on time, that doesn't make me a bad mother. It's just a combination of things that I've been dealing with recently. A friend of mine reminded me that God chose me to be Caleb's mother because I am the perfect mother for him (and wife for Paul). I just want to be the best I can be.
When I wrote that blog entry, I was really excited...I had been feeling defeated and frustrated and then read that devotional and the verses spoke to me. I guess that was my point of the post, not really that I had been feeling down, but that God can speak to us and give us a better attitude. And it reminded me to rely on the Lord in my weakness rather than on myself. It seems like everything I read for the next 3 days spoke to me! So that was just the beginning. I am learning a lot so far and look forward to what the future has in store!
1 comment:
I'm a little late to the party here but am just now catching up on my blog reading/writing. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I think the poem that someone posted is spot-on.
You just keep rocking that baby boy and taking your time to enjoy the sweet moments... I know you saw already how quickly they pass as you watched Caleb chomp down his 1st birthday cake last weekend. Paul can order a pizza for dinner if needed ;)
Post a Comment