If you didn't know this already about me, I love dance - all kinds of dance! I love to watch it on TV, in movies, in live performances, etc. I also love to dance, but I usually only do that in my house when I'm alone. I used to dance more, but I think it scares Paul, so I try to refrain when he's around :-) He gives me that look like I'm crazy and asks "what are you doing???" Oh well. Maybe if I took dance lessons, like I've always wanted to do, he wouldn't have to ask that question. Anyway, I love the show "So You Think You Can Dance" and have been watching it since season 2. If you also watch, you'll know that executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe declared July 31 as National Dance Day to generate awareness for dance and promote health and wellness. I actually learned the Nappytab routine...did you? You can find it here or on the Dizzy Feet Foundation website.
I am excited to announce that Caleb has started dancing in the last 2 weeks...just in time for me to post this for National Dance Day! He has done it a little here and there when he's heard music for several months now, but it was usually when he was sitting down - he would sort of bounce up and down to the beat. Well, now that he's standing and walking, he can actually bend his knees and get his groove on! It's so adorable, I could just eat him up! This little video shows him bustin' a move to his farm toy music...the old classic, "Old McDonald." The second part of the video shows what he does when he hears the intro for SYTYCD. We don't usually let him watch TV, but occasionally he'll see a little. Maybe he's the next "America's Favorite Dancer!" He's certainly my favorite dancer! But I'm a little partial.
No comments:
Post a Comment