Monday, August 16, 2010

Flowers and Birds

At the end of April, we planted a cut flower bed, so that I could have pretty flowers to enjoy inside. While most of the seeds got washed away with a huge downpour soon after we planted them, a few strong ones survived to be fruitful. The flowers that I've been enjoying include Zinnia, Sunflower and Mexican Sunflower. A few Safflowers came up too. And sometimes I add some Marigolds from our veggie garden (we use them to ward off insect pests).
I've had this one that I edited in Photoshop done for a few weeks now. This scripture that I used happened to be part of my devotional this morning, so I thought it was only fitting that I post it today!
I haven't been the only one enjoying these flowers. We have several hummingbirds that come by to check them out. Our hummingbird feeder out there in the middle of the flower bed helps too. These pics were taken from our kitchen window.

Note: I changed the title of this post because a friend (with a dirty mind) informed me that my previous post name was a little risque! Naive me, didn't even know!

4 comments:

Allison Richardson said...

VERY pretty Heather - the flowers and the pictures! Love the hummingbird one.

The Carters said...

Love the pictures!

Brent and Heather Harbin said...

Cute Heath!

Brent and Heather Harbin said...

Hahaha! "Flowers and Birds"! You asked Paul didn't you! :)

Love ya girl!