Friday, January 26, 2007

Catching Up

I've been so bad about blogging this year! I don't know what's gotten into me! I guess we're still just trying to get settled here. Lame excuse, I know. I had time to give myself and manicure and pedicure today, but I'm just now getting around to blogging. Truth is...blogging hasn't been on the top of my priority list recently (gasp!). I'll try to be more consistent in February.

I really don't have much to blog about, but I'll try. A few days ago I got my SC OT license application sent off in the mail. Paul says my "grace period" is running out. I've heard "Woman, get a job" more than once in the past 2 weeks. We've been doing fine on only his income, but it sure does make life a little easier when money is coming in on both ends. My Stampin' Up job has been slow, since I don't know many people here, but I'm hoping to pick that up soon. Unfortunately for Paul, I keep all the income from that to myself! Actually, it goes to feed my addiction with Stampin' Up merchandise...I just end up spending more!

A little over a week ago, Allison and I went to a cute Victorian Tea Room down the street, called Time Well Spent. They had some really tasty desserts! I had a cappuccino ice cream treat and she had a brownie a-la-mode. I don't remember the fancy names they had, but that's basically what they were. I brought my camera with me, so we got a few pictures.
There were also some beautiful Camellia bushes right near the Tea Room, and we had to get some pictures. We even took one home with us...it was sooo pretty! Allison said she had never seen one so beautiful!

Today Allison, her mom, and I are leaving for Atlanta to visit my parents. For Christmas, I got my mom tickets to a Christian comedian show. The comedian is Anita Renfroe (check her website out here), and I first saw her at the Women of Faith conference in St. Louis a few months ago. She was really funny, so I thought a "girls day out" would be a nice treat for my mom. Anita has a book out called "If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother," so she does alot of mother-daughter comedy stuff. The show is actually a live taping for her new video, and we have artist circle tickets! I think it will be so much fun...it'll be even better with Allison and her mom there too! I'll let you know how it went when I get back!

2 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Hey Heath. Glad you're doing well and getting settled. I know that can take a while...we're still working on it. Hope to see you SOON!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I would definitely like to go to the cute little Tea Room when we come for your birthday! It was great to have you here and I loved the Anita Renfroe taping and having Allison and Claudia here.
Mom