Friday, September 05, 2008

Hurricane season

Well, we're waiting to see what tropical storm Hanna does. So far, just some rain. I think she's headed further north this evening. I stocked up on water, canned food, batteries, paper plates, and plastic utensils yesterday, but I don't think we'll need them this time around. Stuff was flying off the shelves at the grocery store...it was kind of crazy. The lady who checked me out said Ike was the one she was most afraid of, but as of today, he doesn't seem to be following Hanna's path. I do hope he dies down before hitting land.

Paul and I are new to this whole tropical storm/hurricane stuff. We read up on what to do, what we should have in our "kits," and how to be prepared. He almost got called to take one of the planes out of the area, but thankfully he didn't have to. However, the fire department called and asked him to stay at the station tonight to respond to calls. Kinda stinks...the dogs and I have to fend for ourselves, but I know there are people that might need help tonight. I am thankful that my hubby has a heart to help others in need. Still, it's hard when I just want him home.

No comments: